Wednesday, April 9, 2008

i must confess, you're so much more than i remember

over the past week, i have rediscovered the joy that is found in nature. after 6 months of snow (or has it been a whole year??), the grass has reappeared from under it's hiding spot, i can finally feel the warmth of the sun on my shoulders, and most importantly, i don't have to wear my mittens anymore!!

about 2 weeks ago, i started to get irritated with mother nature. we had a teaser of a nice day, followed by a morning of snow-covered cars and sidewalks again. would winter never end? and then this week happened. this glorious, sun-drenched, sweet-smelling-like-earth week. just as i was about to break up with nature for pissing me off, she rewarded me with kisses and smiles...and reminded me of all the beauty that she has to offer.

it's like she knows! knows just how far to push me before i get pouty, and then at the last second FINALLY bursts forth with brilliant dawns, warm afternoons, cool (not cold) evenings, and long, drawn-out sunsets painted with the patterns of joyous dancers in the sky.

it's so much more than i remember from last spring.

and it's only going to get better from here.

my only dilemma? it's paper writing season, ie. never-leave-my-desk month. at least i can justify the walks that i take with needing fresh air to clear my mind...make sure you do the same. the feeling of invigoration and...happiness...when your eyes drink in the vibrant colours, your lungs burst with crisp and fresh breath, and your heart lifts up out of the stressful corners it might recluse to.

trust me, you'll want to take the time to remember.

No comments: